Church Zoom Account - Changing Email Address or Password

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church Zoom Account - Changing Email Address or Password

Post by russellhltn »

scottej52 wrote:AGENT ( Jemuel R): Thank you for waiting. For that, yes you may follow "How Do I Change the Email on My Account?". Once completed your email scottericj@gmail.com can be used to create a free individual account.
Ok, it frees up your emai to have a personal account, but where does that leave the ward's account? I've seen reports that it becomes no longer connected on the "meet" page suggesting it could lose it's licensing - if not immediately, then at some future time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Church Zoom Account - Changing Email Address or Password

Post by lajackson »

scottej52 wrote:So - can I change the email address for our ward account myself, or do I need to go through our STS to make sure "meet portal" doesn't mess things up?
It does not matter whether you change it or you ask the STS to change it. The Meet Portal is likely to get confused. I would suggest that you sign into the account and change the email to one your ward wishes to use.

I made a mistake in the email for our stake account. I changed the email at Zoom. The Meet Portal reverted from Setup Complete back to Setup Not Complete. However, the account seems to work just fine.

I sent feedback through the portal and received a response that "the email address has been fixed". I do not know what they fixed. The Meet Portal does not seem to know either. There still seems to be a disconnect between the Meet Portal and Zoom but neither you nor the STS can do anything about it, except that he can send feedback through the Portal.

I am the one who thought there may be a problem if the Meet Portal did not reflect the correct emal address, but that was simply speculation on my part. So far, our stake has not had any problem with the email change.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”