Ministering - Multiple Household Assigned

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bjgwilliam

Ministering - Multiple Household Assigned

Post by bjgwilliam »

I'm trying to make ministering assignments where more than one Sister/Companionship is assigned to another particular Sister.

Example:

1. Sisters Smith & Jones Minister to Sister Williams
2. Sisters Cox & McKay also Minister to Sister Williams

When I attempt to add the second companionship it removes the first. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering - Multiple Household Assigned

Post by davesudweeks »

Others may chime in, but I don't think the system is set to allow this. You can send feedback from the Ministering page (see the link at the bottom) if it is functionality you need. I recommend you provide a business case with reasoning behind having 2 sets of Ministering sisters assigned to an individual. You may not receive a personal response, but my understanding is all feedback is read and passed to those who direct the programmer's priorities.

As somewhat of a workaround, a husband/wife set of ministers could be assigned to Sister Williams via the Elders quorum. So you could have 3 of the 4 sisters assigned if one is the wife of the Ministering Elder assigned to Sister Williams by the EQ.
eblood66

Re: Ministering - Multiple Household Assigned

Post by eblood66 »

Another alternative is to put all the sisters in an additional companionship (I'm pretty sure a person can be in more than one companionship) and assign that companionship to the sister. However, I think it limits the number of sisters in a companionship to 3 so it still won't quite be the same.

Return to “General Discussions”