Unit Leader's access to their unit's Zoom.us account

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
wheelhom

Unit Leader's access to their unit's Zoom.us account

Post by wheelhom »

I am concerned about a Unit Leader's having access to their unit's Zoom.us account.

If I let a unit leader have access to their unit's Zoom.us login, and they mistakenly change the email address, then I will be locked out of their Zoom.us login if I don't know the email address they changed it to. If they then mistakenly change the password too, I would be locked out even if I knew the new email address they used. If I don't let them access their Unit's Zoom.us account, then they will not be able to enter a meeting as host, set up meetings, activate FB Live or YouTube spill over viewing or use Webinars since it seems those things cannot be done outside of Zoom.us web login. They can always claim the host role if no one else has already done so, but they will not be able to override an already claimed host roll unless they access from their unit's Zoom.us web login.

If I could assign Alternative Hosts or have someone with appropriate admin levels do so, This would not be a problem. To do so requires those assigned to be a user in that unit's Zoom account.

Is there a way we can add other uses to a unit's Zoom account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unit Leader's access to their unit's Zoom.us account

Post by russellhltn »

wheelhom wrote:Is there a way we can add other uses to a unit's Zoom account?
Not that I've heard of.

When I turn over an account to the unit, I caution them against changing the email as it can break the license.

If they change the email, the password, and forget the new login - well, they have a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”