Stake Leadership Meeting - Zoom w/breakouts

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
BEWilson

Stake Leadership Meeting - Zoom w/breakouts

Post by BEWilson »

I am wondering if there is a way to use the Chapel's A/V system for the primary zoom broadcast so that we can have a general instruction session followed with breakout rooms that would then return to the main Chapel for closing remarks etc. Everyone will be attending virtually except the Stake President and Speakers who would be in the Chapel. The Chapel A/V system has not been upgraded for some time. I believe it is scheduled for next year or the year after. The current set up uses the teradek for webcasting and has a serial port connection for a laptop if we want to show a video etc. There is a manual switch that allows for signal to move from the laptop over to the camera input. The other option, I suppose, would be to broadcast from the Stake High Council room or other room in the building where we could just place a laptop in front of the podium. I am sure the sound from the piano could be picked up just fine for any singing. I guess I am looking for the more Tech related solution that would keep us in the chapel and not require a separate camera from the one already installed :D . Thanks - much appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Leadership Meeting - Zoom w/breakouts

Post by russellhltn »

If you're using Zoom, you need to stick with Zoom. I don't think the Teradek is going to help.

If you have a camera with HDMI output, you get get a HMDI "dongle" that will make the camera look like a webcam to a Zoom Windows or Mac client Add in audio and away you go. The chapel is just another Zoom "user".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”