Facilities Question

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jlbeach17

Facilities Question

Post by jlbeach17 »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but I'll ask it anyhow. I heard a rumor that the church is trying (whether actively or passively) to dispose of surplus property at their meetinghouses. In Idaho where I live, there seems to be a lot of separate facilities maintenance buildings at meetinghouse locations. Is there any merit to this?
garystroble

Re: Facilities Question

Post by garystroble »

If you have access to the CDOL, you could look up the FM or facilities management group associated with your stake and contact them via email or phone to see what they say about this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This might be a church-wide thing, but this could easily be a push from an individual FM group.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

jlbeach17 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but I'll ask it anyhow. I heard a rumor that the church is trying (whether actively or passively) to dispose of surplus property at their meetinghouses. In Idaho where I live, there seems to be a lot of separate facilities maintenance buildings at meetinghouse locations. Is there any merit to this?
I'm not sure I've ever heard of a separate facilities maintenance building at meetinghouse locations. There is ALWAYS a separate outside building that is normally divided up between the wards that occupy the meetinghouse. There are normally 4 doors, wards 1-3 manage 3 of the doors and facilities owns the other one (normally the wards have a key to this as well to get to the snow blower or other equipment stored there) But without knowing specifically what you're talking about.....

ALWAYS is used to indicate this is the norm in the last 4 decades of church building, I know and understand it isn't always the case in every meetinghouse.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

We struggled to convince our FM guys to get rid of junk in our storage shed (we were told we could just dispose of it ourselves if we desired), so at least any general push hadn't made it to our neck of the woods when we went through this recently... ;)

Return to “General Discussions”