Full-time missionary emails

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
carcrazyjones

Full-time missionary emails

Post by carcrazyjones »

Found this thread from years ago and am finding out it is still an issue as the full-time missionaries are not being included and are missing emails. Any solutions? Thanks.

Previous thread--"When I try to use "Send a Message" to create an email for currently-serving full-time missionaries from our stake, the resulting list comes up blank, with a "No matching records found" message. Any ideas why that list is not being populated? All of our full-time missionaries in the stake do show up with the calling "Missionary", and with their current mission assignment in the Organization field. Any help would be greatly appreciated."
davesudweeks

Re: Full-time missionary emails

Post by davesudweeks »

One thing to check: the Send a Message tool only sends to the individual (or personal) email address listed on the membership record. If the missionaries don't have an email address listed in the individual email address field, no message will be sent to them. It does not send to email addresses listed in the family email address field (even if they are the same).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:02 pm One thing to check: the Send a Message tool only sends to the individual (or personal) email address listed on the membership record. If the missionaries don't have an email address listed in the individual email address field, no message will be sent to them. It does not send to email addresses listed in the family email address field (even if they are the same).
That's a good point if you've got service missionaries, but the young full-time missionaries don't have membership records that the ward or stake can see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:13 amThat's a good point if you've got service missionaries, but the young full-time missionaries don't have membership records that the ward or stake can see.
When I look in the Tools app, many of our serving missionaries have a personal email address listed (in addition to a household email address). When I go to the missionary list, there is an email icon for the regular (not service) missionaries that, if tapped, opens an email to their missionary email address (different than the personal email listed on their membership record). I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the original problem - the OP was referring to missionaries serving "from" the stake, not serving "in" the stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:05 pm When I look in the Tools app, many of our serving missionaries have a personal email address listed (in addition to a household email address)
I only see that for ward missionaries, who by definition are members of the ward. I do not see that when I go to "missionary" and then either "assigned" or "serving". I do not see anything that looks like a household. What's more, all the emails have a "missioinary.org" domain. They are not personal emails.

This does raise a question on which missionaries they're wanting to reach. To keep the "serving" missionaries in the loop as to what's going on back home, or to inform the "assigned" missionaries what's going on in the ward their serving in. I've assumed the latter. In that case, the ward doesn't have access to their records to check the emails.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Good questions. I would assume the Send a Message tool would send to the individual email address on the membership record, which the serving missionaries may not have access to while on their mission. Our assigned missionaries are kept in the loop mostly via our ward facebook page that they have access to - with the problems of some Send a Message emails not reaching some members, we have started posting the same information that normally goes out by the weekly email.
carcrazyjones

Post by carcrazyjones »

Thanks for your input so far. I appreciate it.
We are trying to reach the "assigned" full time missionaries serving IN our ward but are from other places. When I go to "Send a message>Members>Full-time missionaries" there is an option for "full time missionaries" which, when selected, is blank. The full time missionaries serving in our ward have personal emails listed elsewhere (not in the ward directory) but they also have a separate joint email set up by their mission for the companionship and specific area. I want to add that email in the "full time missionary" slot.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

carcrazyjones wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:12 am The full time missionaries serving in our ward have personal emails listed elsewhere (not in the ward directory) but they also have a separate joint email set up by their mission for the companionship and specific area. I want to add that email in the "full time missionary" slot.
If you go into Member Tools, Three bar menu button button, Missionary, Assigned tab, do you see any email icons? That should happen if the mission has assigned missionaries to the ward and given them a mission email.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

carcrazyjones wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:12 am When I go to "Send a message>Members>Full-time missionaries" there is an option for "full time missionaries" which, when selected, is blank.
I'm looking at the stake level but when I select Members>Full-time missionaries it gives me a list of missionaries of serving from our stake with their missionary.org email addresses. It does not show any missionaries assigned to our stake. And I know that at least the missionaries assigned to our ward are correctly recorded since they show up in Member Tools under Assigned.

So I'm guessing that option is only intended for sending to missionaries serving from the unit.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I can confirm what eblood66 said. I cannot find anything in LCR Send Message that will allow me to send to missionaries who are serving in our ward but who do not live here.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”