Erroneous check voiding

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jonathonmeng

Erroneous check voiding

Post by jonathonmeng »

So I issued a check 13 days ago for a fast offering expense. It was sent by mail, and it hadn't arrived. I decided to void it on LCR and reissue it. During this process, I voided the check, and created the Expense to reissue, but then I was told during this process that the original check was just received. Is there a way to undo the Voided status? Will the recipient depositing it change the status or will I need to send off the replacement check?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Erroneous check voiding

Post by rmrichesjr »

Just to make sure you get the answer you need, please remember that this is a user-to-user discussion forum. There is no guarantee anyone who knows the answer will ever see this thread. In order to get an official answer, it will be best to use the official help/support request channels. Your stake clerk might know the answer--and part of the stake clerks' job is to train ward clerks. Otherwise, the help desk would be a good source for the answer.
eblood66

Re: Erroneous check voiding

Post by eblood66 »

There is no way to reverse a voided check using LCR. You can call the Global Service Department to see if they can do it but I doubt it because I expect the system puts a stop payment on the check automatically when it's voided. If the recipient tries to cash the check when it's voided it will be rejected. So unless the GSD can reverse it, you'll need to send the new check.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”