Different permissions on online LCR and Memeber Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ch_reck

Different permissions on online LCR and Memeber Tools

Post by ch_reck »

In the role of High Council in the LCR web itnerface I can see the stake members and ward and branch leaderships.
Yet in the Member Tools Android App many members and leaders are not shown.
Even after App deinstallation and re-installation +login, no change.

A branch elder's cuorum concellor reports the same restrictions in his branch.

Example the branch president is visible in the LCR web, yet not in Member Tools.

Is this there a reason or fix to this permission difference?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Different permissions on online LCR and Memeber Tools

Post by jonesrk »

Does that branch president have any privacy settings turned on that would restrict his visibility? I believe in Member Tools a High Councilor is not considered a leader and thus if the member's household's visibility is set to leader only you wouldn't see them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ch_reck wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 pm In the role of High Council in the LCR web itnerface
Are you selecting that role (indicating that you have two callings that grant you LCR access)?

This may be an issue of how Member Tools deals with permissions when you have multiple callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ch_reck

Post by ch_reck »

Thanks for your messages. Sorry I did'n receive any email that my question is being answered, thats why I'm looking in now again (more below).

I do have two callings "Stake High Councilor" and "Building Representative".
In LCR on the website I do see what I expect to be able to view as HC.
Yet in the tools App a lot is missing.

Recently questioned by Elders Cuorum about my ministering assignments I noticed that also here that LCR shows 5 assignements, whereas Member Tools app only 3:
LCR.png
Tools.png
As you can see, the App is largely useless if so much information is missing.

Any help of fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Christoph
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ch_reck wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:53 pm I do have two callings "Stake High Councilor" and "Building Representative".
I don't think "Building Representative" gives you any rights to LCR. So, at this point, it appears you only have one calling that gives LCR access.

Someone else will have to chime in about the differences in Ministering assignments.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Since your screenshot has German text, I'm assuming you're in Europe. Many European countries have stricter privacy laws that affect Church apps – for example, members in Europe need to opt in to show on the directory. So, it may be that the members who don't show under your ministering assignment in Member Tools have restrictive privacy/visibility settings. Do the missing members appear in the directory section of Member Tools, where all ward members are listed?

(Leader and Clerk Resources, because it's only accessible to leaders, isn't restricted by the same privacy/visibility settings as Member Tools.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ch_reck

Post by ch_reck »

OK, but I do need to login to the Memeber Tool app, same as in LCR. So of the permissions scheme differs, then the app is of low use for many church leaders...

As I mentioned in my original post, the elders cuorum concellors also suffer from similar constraints in their ward.

Yet I've heard that other leader roles like the bishop and some other high councils do see all members in their area.
And yes, the directory shows only part of the members (whereas LCR shows them all) and hides parts of the contact information from me.

Could someone shed some more light where the restrictions come from?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ch_reck wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:19 am Could someone shed some more light where the restrictions come from?
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

ch_reck

Post by ch_reck »

Apart from GDPR, my question was why would the restrictions between the LCR website and the Member Tools app differ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ch_reck wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:40 am Apart from GDPR, my question was why would the restrictions between the LCR website and the Member Tools app differ?
It could be a bug, or it may be because priorities set from above preventing the development team from getting the time needed to make it work that way. All you can do is report it though the app to make sure the developers are aware of it.

Return to “Member Tools”