Need a Backup

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jerrylundhintze

Need a Backup

Post by jerrylundhintze »

We are a new Elders Quorum Presidency. Last night, we managed to delete the complete ministering organization list. We cannot find a 'restore' function. Is there one - other than typing everything in manually?
garystroble

Re: Need a Backup

Post by garystroble »

jerrylundhintze wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:29 am We are a new Elders Quorum Presidency. Last night, we managed to delete the complete ministering organization list. We cannot find a 'restore' function. Is there one - other than typing everything in manually?
Only back-up available would be the ministering reports for the previous quarter. You should be able to find assignments there as of that time frame.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm kind of old school. I always print a copy of the ministering routes (both the proposed and the final after changes are implemented). Lately I have been printing them to a .pdf and saving them on the computer. That way I can delete them when no longer needed without wasting paper.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:51 am I'm kind of old school. I always print a copy of the ministering routes (both the proposed and the final after changes are implemented). Lately I have been printing them to a .pdf and saving them on the computer. That way I can delete them when no longer needed without wasting paper.
I also back up my quorum's ministering assignments as a PDF. I haven't had the ministering assignments in my ward cleared yet, but just in case…

I've also used the PDFs to see what the assignment used to be, after a companion or household moves out of the ward – in LCR, people just disappear from the list when they move out (which I think is expected), but being able to look back at the PDF to see what was there before, and check it against the Members Moved Out list, has given me some peace of mind and makes it easier to communicate changes to the relevant companionship.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you have a copy of the assignments, you can reenter them. There isn't a way to restore to a prior state.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”