temple schedule

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
stumblefall

temple schedule

Post by stumblefall »

I got an e-mail notification that "Your appointment below may be affected because of a change to the temple's schedule. Please call the temple for assistance for appointments needing review." So I called them, and of course with limited staffing there's nobody available to take my call. Since it has to do with a proxy ordinance, I need to schedule online. Well, I am scheduled online, and when I go to my appointment, there are no issues listed. I have a few suggestions that might help out here:

* Don't send e-mails if there's nothing wrong with the appointment. It will just tax an overloaded system as members try to figure out what's going on. I'd be curious to know who got these notifications. Did they just change one day of closure so they e-mailed everyone that has a future appointment, just in case? (Since the e-mail says "may", that's an acknowledgment that there "may not" as well. I don't really know.)
* If there is something wrong with the appointment, tell me what it is, in the e-mail. Also make it so whatever the problem is gets displayed when I log in and look at my appointments.
* Don't tell me to call the temple if there aren't going to be enough people available to take those calls. You may have limited staff available at the temple (for lots of reasons), but you could call members of the temple district as standby off-site temple workers who can answer phone calls or e-mails. There's a lot of help desk software out there that's designed specifically for instances like this.

I will also mention the interesting point that this came from null <noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org>. That's usually a sign that something has gone at least partially wrong, though it could be that somebody simply forgot the "IsNull" command somewhere. In any case it always makes me wonder how real something is when I see that...it's very unpolished, like a beta release. So that gives me even more doubt about this being an e-mail of a legitimate problem.

But the bottom line is that I really don't know what my options are, because the only option they give me is to call, and they're not answering my call. My guess is that the people answering the phones aren't even aware of this kind of issue existing, but in general, if these types of e-mails are possible, put it on your recording. "If you've received a notification about an appointment needing review, press 4." I've been left with two real options: show up and hope my appointment is valid; or cancel it because I don't feel I can trust it any longer. Neither one of those really leaves me with a good feeling.

We keep getting told to go to the temple more often, to make it a priority, to always schedule a new appointment. I scheduled this on my way home from my last one. I want to keep doing it like that. Please, help us out! If you need to throw more resources at improving the technology, let's do that. (And maybe think about solving these kinds of problems before you try to make a push for more people to go more often...)

Much love,

Dave
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: temple schedule

Post by rmrichesjr »

Thank you for your very thoughtful report of a problem. Have you sent your report using the 'Feedback' link on the Church website or app? This is a user-to-user discussion forum, so there's no guarantee anyone with authority to influence any solution will see this thread.

(edited to fix a pre-mature send)
stumblefall

Post by stumblefall »

Great suggestion, thank you. Didn't even realize that existed. I have now done so (although I tend to be too verbose and it limits the length of my feedback...had to do two posts, and even then I didn't get it all in!).

dave
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

This is interesting from a "human factors" perspective. Every church web page has a Feedback link and a Help link at the bottom of the page. It seems that some folks who need help click the Feedback link, while those who want to provide Feedback or suggestions click the Help link. We have a very interesting language.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:05 am This is interesting from a "human factors" perspective. Every church web page has a Feedback link and a Help link at the bottom of the page. It seems that some folks who need help click the Feedback link, while those who want to provide Feedback or suggestions click the Help link. We have a very interesting language.
But, to add to the confusion, the LCR page has 2 Feedback links and one Help link... I have not tested to see if both Feedback links go to the same place.
baycock

Post by baycock »

Boise idaho
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

baycock wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:24 amBoise idaho
Did you look in the Member Tools app? What about the Scheduling a Temple Appointment webpage?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”