Move membership record overseas non military

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
edthead

Move membership record overseas non military

Post by edthead »

Have the membership record of a Chinese sister who's dad lives in australia and she is going to spend a month with him and then return to china to apply for a new Visa. Eventually returning to our ward to conduct some business and eventually move away. Would like to move her records with her to australia but move out only lists States, Where do I go to find out of country move outs?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Move membership record overseas non military

Post by russellhltn »

Not a direct answer to the question, but
General Handbook 33.6.4 wrote:When a person moves from the ward for less than three months and plans to return, the membership record is kept in the ward.
You didn't say where she would eventually move to, but unless it's to be with here father, I'd keep her records for the month.

If you move them out, what's likely to happen is the Australia ward will eventually move her record back - but probably a month or more after she's already left. And then you're stuck not knowing where to send them.

Personally, I think you're better off hanging on to them so you remember to ask for the info before her final moveout.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”