How to pull donation data

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TKhanson

How to pull donation data

Post by TKhanson »

Forum:

I need to run a report that lets me know how much a specific member donated via tithing. I know we have tithing declaration that will show donation amounts; however, this gets tricky because the person I need to pull died 3 weeks ago. She was elderly and her son and daughter-in-law still live in our ward. Her son asked for tithing details because he knew she was paying but may have missed the last month or two due to illness and he wanted to pay up to get her tithing in full--as he said that was her wish. I'm not here, as their Bishop, to stop that good effort.

The Son already sent me what he was able to tabulate from her checking account but wanted to reconcile to make sure it is accurate.

That is why I'm seeking a report in LCR that would show me how much a specific member donated. Because her record is deceased may complicate things. I know I can go into each weekly donation summary and pull such details; however, that would require me looking at 45 some odd weeks for her name as you can't search on name from the donation summary reports.

Thoughts

TKH
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to pull donation data

Post by jdlessley »

The donation summary is available in LCR > Finance > Tithing Declaration > Donor Statements and then click the Generate New Statement button and then select the member name. As long as the member record was in your unit at time of passing as well as all online donations made using their Church Account with their MRN registered in the member profile or by manual envelope, then there should be a statement of all donations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

If her membership has been marked deceased you will have difficulty entering a donation for her in LCR as she will no longer be on the ward list. You might be able to still do it by entering her membership number as prompted but it could be flagged. A call to the Global Service Center in advance would be a good idea for how to proceed.
TKhanson

Post by TKhanson »

Thank you both for your replies. Very helpful.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

There's getting a printout of all her donations, and then there's entering an additional donation. Even if you get access to the up-to-date report of her donations, there may be complications with adding a donation. I don't know if there's also potential legal issues with the Church allowing certain family members to assert that "this member wanted this thing", and receive money from somebody else to include in her church donations.

If it becomes a problem to make an additional donation to "square-up" her account, then another idea might be for a family member to donate that amount to Fast Offerings (or any other category) via their own Church account. As stated, it was her desire to have her tithing up-to-date, if she passed before being able to do that herself. However, the family may decide that what she truly would have wanted, is for the Lord to receive that money from her, to use in His work, even if it wasn't technically in the member's Tithing category. If the family is open to that idea, it would seem to resolve a lot of complications with a family member trying to make a donation that's assigned to her Church account.

Just another idea.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Worst case, I'd think the ward could accept a check and if not allowed to add it to her account, could create a non-member "in memory of" type account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”