Deleting account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Andresebako

Deleting account

Post by Andresebako »

Hi I would like to delete my account, I followed the directions on tools and it stated that my account was deleted. I lost access to it which was expected but then people still have access to my account and information, I'm not comfortable with that. I would like to delete it off from the tools app that no one can see my information, that's the whole reason why I wanted to delete it, I don't want others accessing my information, what happened is that I lost access but people still have access to my information
garystroble

Re: Deleting account

Post by garystroble »

Andresebako wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:40 am Hi I would like to delete my account, I followed the directions on tools and it stated that my account was deleted. I lost access to it which was expected but then people still have access to my account and information, I'm not comfortable with that. I would like to delete it off from the tools app that no one can see my information, that's the whole reason why I wanted to delete it, I don't want others accessing my information, what happened is that I lost access but people still have access to my information
Suggest you contact your ward or branch clerk. He can set your information so that only leaders can see it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Deleting account

Post by jdlessley »

Andresebako wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:40 am Hi I would like to delete my account, I followed the directions on tools and it stated that my account was deleted. I lost access to it which was expected but then people still have access to my account and information, I'm not comfortable with that. I would like to delete it off from the tools app that no one can see my information, that's the whole reason why I wanted to delete it, I don't want others accessing my information, what happened is that I lost access but people still have access to my information
Deleting your Church Account does not delete your membership record. Your Church account is only your credentials to access Church websites, online apps, and mobile apps. Deleting it does not remove your information from others seeing it because it is part of your membership record. Your better choice to restrict the visibility of your information would have been to change the privacy setting to 'Leadership' for your contact information and your address. It is not possible to remove your record information from leaders seeing it. That would require removing your name from Church records. To do that you would have to speak to your bishop.

Now that your Church account is deleted and if you do not want to have an account for any access yet want the most restrictive visibility privacy of your information then follow garystroble's advice.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”