Q1 Budget hasn’t shown up

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cettinger

Q1 Budget hasn’t shown up

Post by cettinger »

This is my first new quarter as a clerk. I would have expected our Q1 budget land on Jan 1st but we still haven’t seen it come in yet.
All quarterly reports for 2023 were completed. Does it usually take some time for the budgets to hit the wards ? Thanks for the help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Q1 Budget hasn’t shown up

Post by jdlessley »

You are experiencing the same thing as others. Typically the budget allowance allocation arrives on the first business day of the quarter. For some unknown reason (other than speculation) the allowance allocations have not been sent. When it will be sent is also unknown. Rollovers are showing though.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cettinger

Post by cettinger »

Thanks for the reply. Glad it isn’t just us.
Vespertilioman

Post by Vespertilioman »

Our report from Salt Lake says 1/11/2024 is when funds should be sent. It is listed on the budget allocation projection report.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

My conversation with the GSD yesterday was somewhat the same. They were surprised that the stake had gotten their Projected Quarterly Budget Allowance Q1 2024 report but that the stake units had not gotten either the Projected Quarterly Budget Allowance Q1 2024 nor the Quarterly Budget Allowance Q1 2024 reports. They said to expect the funds to show up in the stake and unit budgets on Thursday, 11 January, or no later than Friday, 12 January.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:36 pm My conversation with the GSD yesterday was somewhat the same. They were surprised that the stake had gotten their Projected Quarterly Budget Allowance Q1 2024 report but that the stake units had not gotten either the Projected Quarterly Budget Allowance Q1 2024 nor the Quarterly Budget Allowance Q1 2024 reports. They said to expect the funds to show up in the stake and unit budgets on Thursday, 11 January, or no later than Friday, 12 January.
Isn't there a time lag between the stake's reports and the ward's to allow the stake time to adjust the withholding?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:18 pm Isn't there a time lag between the stake's reports and the ward's to allow the stake time to adjust the withholding?
Our stake gives headquarters the allocation percentage for each allowance category in advance. Since I don't have access to the stake LCR tools for this I only know it is one of the various ways the stake can inform headquarters of how the stake wants headquarters to allocate the quarterly allowance to the stake units and send it directly to the units. For all of 2023 our stake units got their budget allowance allocations directly from headquarters on, or near, the first business day of each quarter.

Our ward typically got two reports, the Projected Quarterly Allowance report and the Quarterly Allowance report. The latter was delivered the same time as the funds showed up in the ward budget, the former a few days in advance.
JD Lessley
palm_george

Post by palm_george »

Our report simply says "This amount will be transferred to your unit account when the Q1 2024 allocation is processed." Looking at past reports it has always landed on the 1st day of the quarter, even if that day was a holiday (automation). But this quarter the funds are still missing as of the 9th. It seems that we are not alone in this confussion, something has changed and no one know why (or it is a big secret).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:18 pm Isn't there a time lag between the stake's reports and the ward's to allow the stake time to adjust the withholding?
I don't think so. Looking at our stake reports and each of the ward reports, the stake and ward reports are both released on the same day.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:00 pm Our stake gives headquarters the allocation percentage for each allowance category in advance. Since I don't have access to the stake LCR tools for this I only know it is one of the various ways the stake can inform headquarters of how the stake wants headquarters to allocate the quarterly allowance to the stake units and send it directly to the units.
One of the LCR tabs under Budget lets the stake set the percentages for each ward for each budget source (i.e. Sacrament, YM, YW, Primary, YSA). The stake needs to set this up prior to the budget distribution. The stake can change the percentage after the 'Projected' report is set out but prior when the allowance is actually deposited. I don't know if a change during this time will take effect immediately (so that the projected and actual amounts differ) or if it takes effect for the following quarter. I'll know in a couple days since we did change our percentages during December.

The Projected Quarterly Allowance Report for the stake has a section called Projected Local Unit Budget Detail which includes an effective date for the deposit. I don't see this date in the ward report. For each of the quarters last year the effective date was either the 5th or 6th of the month. For Q1 2024 the effective date is the 11th. The actual deposits last year were on the effective dates so I expect the deposits will happen this time on the 11th.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”