Unable to Login

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
terrysackett

Unable to Login

Post by terrysackett »

There’s a brother in my ward who has not been able to login to his Church account for years. He no longer has the e-mail address or phone number that he had when he registered and he cannot even remember what they were. Because of that, the “Forgot username or password” links don’t work to recover his account.

How can I help him or what can I tell him to do to access his account or create a new one?

Thanks.

Terry Sackett
Bishopric 2nd Counselor
Desert Inn Ward
Las Vegas, NV USA
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to Login

Post by jdlessley »

If the issue cannot be resolved by following the instructions found in the first topic thread of this sub-forum titled PLEASE READ FIRST: Answers to Most Church Account Problems, then give him the Global Services Department (GSD) telephone number. They will only speak with the Church account holder and may ask him for his membership record number (MRN). Give him a copy of his IOS along with the phone number. Do not rely on the MRN on his temple recommend, if he has one, since it may have been transcribed incorrectly onto it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

Thanks for the reply. I’ll give him the information. I’m sure his MRN is correct on his recommend because it’s populated by the system automatically in our stake.
foday1

Post by foday1 »

Hello I have a prospective missionary who is trying to pick her mission form but we can't access her church account when I tried creating a new one for her it shows me that either the information is wrong or the record number is already enrolled to an account but if i try to do recovery with the record number they will say there is no such account in existence.
Last edited by jdlessley on Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove image with membership record number to protect confidential information - this is a public forum
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

foday1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:26 am Hello I have a prospective missionary who is trying to pick her mission form but we can't access her church account when I tried creating a new one for her it shows me that either the information is wrong or the record number is already enrolled to an account but if i try to do recovery with the record number they will say there is no such account in existence.
What is the source of the MRN? If from the member's record or IOS then the member may need to call the GSD for assistance. Giver her the GSD telephone number. She will have to call because they will only speak with the Church account holder. She will need to have her MRN as shown in her member record or from her IOS ready to give to the support person.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

jdlessley wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:17 pm If the issue cannot be resolved by following the instructions found in the first topic thread of this sub-forum titled PLEASE READ FIRST: Answers to Most Church Account Problems, then give him the Global Services Department (GSD) telephone number. They will only speak with the Church account holder and may ask him for his membership record number (MRN). Give him a copy of his IOS along with the phone number. Do not rely on the MRN on his temple recommend, if he has one, since it may have been transcribed incorrectly onto it.
Thanks again for the help. My friend called the GSC and was able to get his credentials sorted out.

Return to “Church Account”