Scripture Mastery and Chapter Headings

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
john.allred

Scripture Mastery and Chapter Headings

Post by john.allred »

First, thanks for a great app.

I'd like to suggest the seminary scripture mastery verses be added. To begin with just having a list of the verses with links to the scriptures would be sufficient. Additional info like historical context could be added later.

Ideally I'd like to see some of the tools found at http://seminary.lds.org/scripture-mastery/ included.

I'd also like to suggest that the scripture chapter headings be added to the list of chapters. That is,

1. open app
2. click scriptures > BofM > 1 Nephi
3. you see a list of the chapters in 1 Nephi.
4. if you click Chapter 2 you will see that chapter heading at the top of the screen ("Lehi takes his family.... his brethern.")

Ideally I'd like to see the chapter headings on the chapters list (#3 above) instead of having to go into each individual chapter to read the heading.

Or, if this is not feasible or desirable to do in the scriptures (this would make the chapter list a lot longer!) perhaps there could be a separate place in the app where the chapter headings could be read with links to the actual chapters.

The reason I'd like to see this is 1. Sometimes I'm trying to remember where I read something and the topical guide or search aren't doing it for me, but just skimming thru the chapter headings will help me to find it, and 2. Reading thru the chapter headings is a good way to get a quick overview/refresher of the scriptures.
richard.winters

Re: Scripture Mastery and Chapter Headings

Post by richard.winters »

I'm actually working on a project where this would be invaluable as well. I'll create my own, but wouldn't it be nice to have it all in a nice place?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Scripture Mastery and Chapter Headings

Post by sbradshaw »

In addition to the website, there's also a separate Doctrinal Mastery app, in case it's helpful.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”