Duty to God and Personal Progress church web sites

Discussions about other Church websites
dshep2020

Duty to God and Personal Progress church web sites

Post by dshep2020 »

Is anyone aware of why there is a delay in the roll out of the new Duty to God and Personal Progess web sites? We are looking forward to incorporating them both into our programs, but are are surprised they have lagged behind the announcements. Personal Progress at least has the new booklet available, but still promotes the ability to track and journal via the web. I believe the new Duty to God web resources promise the same capability.

Anyone aware of the projected ETAs of these resources?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

dshep2020 wrote:Is anyone aware of why there is a delay in the roll out of the new Duty to God and Personal Progress web sites? We are looking forward to incorporating them both into our programs, but are are surprised they have lagged behind the announcements. Personal Progress at least has the new booklet available, but still promotes the ability to track and journal via the web. I believe the new Duty to God web resources promise the same capability.

Anyone aware of the projected ETAs of these resources?
The Duty To God site is: http://www.lds.org/dutytogod/
and has a link to it from the lds.org home page announcement. I haven't seen anything yet for the personal progress site, however, it would appear that the site's at: http://www.lds.org/pa/yw/pp/cs/index.html
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:The Duty To God site is: http://www.lds.org/dutytogod/
and has a link to it from the lds.org home page announcement. I haven't seen anything yet for the personal progress site, however, it would appear that the site's at: http://www.lds.org/pa/yw/pp/cs/index.html
Easier links to remember are: dutytogod.lds.org and personalprogress.lds.org.

The former link was mentioned in the 1 Jun 2010 letter titled "Fulfilling My Duty to God: For Aaronic Priesthood Holders"; and the latter is included in the Tools menu ofbeta.lds.org, and was indirectly referred to in the 28 Dec 2009 letter titled "Revised Personal Progress Materials," which pointed to youngwomen.lds.org, which contains a link to Online version of Personal Progress.
dshep2020 wrote:Anyone aware of the projected ETAs of these resources?
However, none of these sources give any proposed date for full implementation of these new sites.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Yes, the newer links are the ones that I have. I was just hoping that someone on the tech forum would have an update on when the full tracking websites would be available.

- Dave
mprusse

Personal Progress site

Post by mprusse »

At least the YW Personal Progress site was up and running several weeks ago. I looked at it, tried it out, and told our Young Women leadership about it. It has since been brought down and a message stating it was coming soon added to the site. Not sure what happened. I suspect Personal Progress is complete and they are waiting to roll them both together when the Duty to God site is complete. Just my speculation however.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dshep2020 wrote:Personal Progress at least has the new booklet available .... I believe the new Duty to God web resources promise the same capability.
In English, the Duty to God site now has the PDF of the booklet as well as implementation videos that were distributed on DVD last month.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Nice! Hope the Personal Progress and Duty to God tracking site come online soon too.

-Dave
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

We are in the process of creating an enhanced Single Sign On solution for login and security throughout LDS.Org (including these apps). That's the reason some of the apps that were up previously are down now. We hope to be completing that project soon and porting all LDS.Org apps to the new mechanism. When that is done, the Personal Progress app will come back up.

We are starting the Duty to God application development this week. I don't know what the schedule is to complete it, but it is "coming soon".
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Will this SSO solution use LDS Account credentials?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MorettiDP wrote:Will this SSO solution use LDS Account credentials?
Yes, all new sign-on systems being developed use LDS Account.

Return to “Other Websites”