Report of Church Disciplinary Action Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Report of Church Disciplinary Action Form

Post by kalnius »

Can this form be found on MLS?
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bhead wrote:Can this form be found on MLS?
That report is in MLS under Other Resources > Confidential Reports and Forms > Report of Disciplinary Action.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

A blank form can be found in MLS. If you are looking for a report of prior disciplinary action, the bishop must contact the stake where the council was held or confidential records.
wwoodford

Request of Minutes of Disciplinary Councils

Post by wwoodford »

crislapi wrote: If you are looking for a report of prior disciplinary action, the bishop must contact the stake where the council was held or confidential records.
The stake presidency, stake clerk and bishops can request the minutes of disciplinary councils using the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org. I am not sure if the ward clerks have access to this function or not.
William Woodford
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

wwoodford wrote:The stake presidency, stake clerk and bishops can request the minutes of disciplinary councils using the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org. I am not sure if the ward clerks have access to this function or not.

I've never used it but the option does show up for ward clerks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:If you are looking for a report of prior disciplinary action, the bishop must contact the stake where the council was held or confidential records.
Confidential Records. This now can be done as previously outlined by using Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.

If proper procedures have been followed, the stake where the council was held will not have a copy of the report.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Just a warning however:

At the end of the process you hit "submit" and the message comes up: "the report will be mailed to your Stake President." There is no "undo" or "nevermind."

Just so you know...
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks for the tips.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
hooson

Post by hooson »

Interestingly, I was surprised to learn a few months ago that having the report from a previous disciplinary council when reconvening is not actually a requirement.

In most cases it's useful of course but not strictly necessary if the presiding officer doesn't require it. (An example could be where a stake president presided over a stake disciplinary council and he is reconvening the council twelve months later and remembers perfectly well what was discussed before - he doesn't have to request the previous report if he's happy to go ahead without it.)
Hyde Park Ward
London England Hyde Park Stake
Stake Clerk
mathiusuk

Re: Report of Church Disciplinary Action Form

Post by mathiusuk »

I am assistant ward clerk (membership) I have been asked (by the bishop) to take minutes at a disciplinary but it doesn't seem i have the appropriate access to the required forms... what should I do?

Return to “Membership Help”