Tax ID

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Tax ID


Post by JohnCLarson »

Does the Church have a Tax ID number that can be referenced by individuals or organizations making donations?
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:22 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA


Post by rontilby »

There is a U.S. Federal ID Number (EIN) printed on the official donation receipt that the bishop signs and gives to each member. Mine shows: 23-7300405 I don't know whether or not it is the same number for all donors in the U.S.
Senior Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: USA


Post by crislapi »

It should be unique for each stake. See item #3 here.
User avatar
Community Moderators
Posts: 4505
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT


Post by Mikerowaved »

Interesting. The EIN printed on my year end statement from the ward and also direct from the church from the donations-in-kind folks both match the number rontilby posted above.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Post Reply

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”