Contact Previous Bishop

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:43 am

Contact Previous Bishop


Post by beachman14 »

We anticipate a certain family in our ward to move soon. We plan to select the option to have the new bishop contact the previous bishop when send the records out. The situation is such that we do not know when or where they might be moving. We are concerned that the new ward may request the records be fore we send them, which would result in our not being able to select the "contact previous bishop" option. Is there a way to mark the records while we still have them in our ward?


User avatar
Community Administrator
Posts: 15138
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah


Post by aebrown »

beachman14 wrote:Is there a way to mark the records while we still have them in our ward?

See the thread Flagging Record without transferring it out.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Senior Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: USA


Post by crislapi »

Don't overlook the option of just having your bishop contact their new bishop after the fact as well. Sure, it'd be nice to place the responsibility on them, but if the records move out on their own (and you decide a hold is a bit much), then just look at the confirmation report to identify the ward they moved to, and use that new ward's unit number to look up the bishop in CDOL (or even LDS maps) and have your bishop call him.
Post Reply

Return to “Membership Help”