Building schedulers can't see other ward calendar items anymore

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ballam

Building schedulers can't see other ward calendar items anymore

Post by ballam »

The recent changes to the LDS.org calendar seem to have messed up our stake's calendar. I'm the stake center building scheduler and I do all stake center reservations through the LDS.org calendar. I used to be able to see all reservations in my building, but now on the Calendar page instead of seeing a section where I can select which building to view reservations for I can only see "!Available Locations!" The calendar also now only allows me to view my ward and the stake calendar items...I can't enable other wards anymore. Please resolve this issue ASAP for us as I'm getting tons of Christmas activity requests and I can't tell what is reserved and wards are getting really upset. Also, when you click sign out on the calendar page it doesn't actually log you out...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ballam wrote:The recent changes to the LDS.org calendar seem to have messed up our stake's calendar. I'm the stake center building scheduler and I do all stake center reservations through the LDS.org calendar. I used to be able to see all reservations in my building, but now on the Calendar page instead of seeing a section where I can select which building to view reservations for I can only see "!Available Locations!" The calendar also now only allows me to view my ward and the stake calendar items...I can't enable other wards anymore. Please resolve this issue ASAP for us as I'm getting tons of Christmas activity requests and I can't tell what is reserved and wards are getting really upset. Also, when you click sign out on the calendar page it doesn't actually log you out...
The first thing you need to do is ask a stake administrator to enable the locations for scheduling. That will cause the locations to appear again for you. The procedure is explained in the Stake Administrators Guide.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

I am a Stake Administrator and also have rights as a building scheduler. I have enabled all my locations for scheduling and still am not able to see all the events in any of my buildings. I have the same problem as the above scheduler. I can not select a building/resource and see all the events like I was able to in the previous calendar version. Thanks for your help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeffsnoy wrote:I am a Stake Administrator and also have rights as a building scheduler. I have enabled all my locations for scheduling and still am not able to see all the events in any of my buildings. I have the same problem as the above scheduler. I can not select a building/resource and see all the events like I was able to in the previous calendar version. Thanks for your help.
Are you looking in Month view? If so, the checkboxes for locations are no longer available as described in the thread No checkboxes next to locations (but they are still available in Week view).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

Thank you. I see that now. It was more user friendly when it was in the month view.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

jeffsnoy wrote:Thank you. I see that now. It was more user friendly when it was in the month view.

It was definitely more user friendly in monthly view. It is easier to see what Fridays are available for an event if you can see the whole month at one time instead of having to scroll through each week.

Return to “Calendar”