Gospel Library Ideas\Suggestions

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
GrasseDD

Re: Re:

Post by GrasseDD »

jonesrk wrote:He was referring to the services that back both the mobile apps and the online version of the scriptures. Once the feature is supported there (in the services) so that they can be persisted then each team can implement them at there own speed. In this case it looks like the mobile team got there sooner than online team.
Thanks, Ryan--that's good information. So, would you be in a position to address this question: Does this mean that the lds.org version will soon have this feature, or does it indicate that the focus for development is now on the mobile apps? Ie, is it possible that the lds.org version may never see this feature? :(
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Gospel Library Ideas\Suggestions

Post by jonesrk »

I'm not sure what the lds.org version roadmap looks like so I can't answer that. I work near the services team so I understood how the annotation data is synced.
MatthewGarbett

Post by MatthewGarbett »

I recently found out this forum existed and thought I'd post in this thread that I added these items to the Wish List on the wiki.

[*]Ability to pinch zoom on pictures.
Currently you can't make pictures any bigger that I know of.

[*]Ability to send audio/video to a Chromecast.
If you don't know a Chromecast is you can read about it here www.google.com/chromecast This would also be good for the Mormon Channel app it would be amazing to cast from these apps to our TVs with ease.

[*]Ability to go to complete full screen using the Android 4.4 Immersion Mode API.
You can read about the Immersion mode that they added into Android 4.4 KitKat on the Developer page. http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html

[*]Interactive games and puzzles for the friend magazine.
I'm not sure how feasible of an idea this is but I thought it would be cool to make the friend magazine even more fun for kids on smart devices. Currently it's only text and not very kid friendly.

Hopefully we can see some of these in future versions of the LDS Gospel Library once I get further in learning how to program I'm hoping to be able to help with the project.
Lore9018

Post by Lore9018 »

Hello everybody :)
I love the application, however i'd like to know if there's some way to add your own books to the library. For example, My Personal Progress isn't in the library but I downloaded it from the Church page, so I'd like to have it inside the app's library or syncronize my downloads from the Church page as well as the notes highlights etc. Maybe there's a way to do it and I can't find it.
Thank you for your effort, this app rocks.
I hope you'll understand my English.
Lore
Last edited by Lore9018 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

There is not a way to add your own books to the app. An update is due soon that will include personal progress though.
Lore9018

Post by Lore9018 »

Thank you :)
It would be nice if we could have camping manuals too :)
emilyadriana

Post by emilyadriana »

I would love it if we could add pictures to our notes. And possibly voice recordings as well, but mostly just the pictures.

And thanks for all you do! The Gospel Library has come a long way, and it is really mazing what can be done now!
tleish

Re: Go to feature

Post by tleish »

jdye wrote:I was just wondering if there is a feature similar to the one in the iOS version, to jump to a specific book, chapter and verse. I have not been able to find it. If there is not, is there a chance that it could be added?
I had a new member ask me this same thing today (as many know, you get asked these questions when people know you are tech-savvy). He asked, if I wanted to jump to Matthew Ch 13 in the Gospel Library App on my Kindle, and I don't know which book Matthew belongs to (i.e. Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, etc)... how do I find it?

On the iOS Gospel Library, you type "Matthew 13" and "Matthew 13:1" shows up as the first item with the heading "Quick Find".

On the Android Gospel Library, there is no "Quick Find" or simple way to search for and find Matthew 13. You get a lot of references to Matthew 13, but not the book itself.
thomp45

Post by thomp45 »

I wish there was a way to add my own documents/books like my Patriarchal Blessing and Priesthood line of authority. This way I don't have to completely switch apps.
MatthewGarbett

Post by MatthewGarbett »

The Chromecast SDK is now avaliable for Android/Chrome/iOS developers I would love to see this feature added to the Gospel Library and LDS.org now that it's publically useable by developers!

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/developers

Return to “Android Gospel Library”