All of my Notes and Annotations disappeared

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Biggles

Re: All of my Notes and Annotations disappeared

Post by Biggles »

I agree with russellhltn. See my theory on this by clicking on the link below.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 36#p119671
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

{Moderator note: The third and second post before this one were merged with this thread from another thread since they are the same topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

As of Sunday, when I try to use the study tools, I'm getting a message from the page footer that says "My Study Tools are currently unavailable". This gives me some reassurance that it's a temporary problem; however, I didn't notice anyone above mentioning this message. What I see is very obvious and I have to dismiss the message for it to go away:
studytools.png
studytools.png (14.71 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Does anyone else see this?
dbbell

Post by dbbell »

I'm getting the same error. I'm also unable to sync my bookmarks on my iPhone or iPad. I get the spinning gear that says "Sync" but it just sits there. I have to end the app. Any ETA when this will be fixed?
andrewkuo

Post by andrewkuo »

I had this happen to me on Sunday. It is now 3:37pm est and all my journal entries and annotations have been restored.
dbbell

Post by dbbell »

Mine are working again too - awesome.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Mine as well!
MGChick

Post by MGChick »

I discovered that if I am logged into the Study Notebook on one device and then try to access it from another, the second device will tell me that I have no saved notebooks or annotations.

Hope this helps.
aromrell

Post by aromrell »

I logged into my account around 6:45AM this morning and was able to type a journal entry, but when I tried to save it, the system stalled and the save was not successful. I canceled the save, logged out and tried to log back in and could not see any of my entries. I think I had about 3 years worth of journal entries. Is this a temporary bug, or have I lost all of my study notes and journal entries? Looking through previous posts, I didn't see that there was a resolution to earlier issues.

Thanks,

Allen Romrell
aromrell

Post by aromrell »

So I followed the suggestion from a previous post and can access my notes and journal entries from my mobile phone, but not on the desktop as of about 11AM this morning. Wondering if I will get full access to my notes and journal entries from the desktop soon.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”