Organization Lists out of order

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
davesudweeks

Re: Organization Lists out of order

Post by davesudweeks »

jonesrk wrote:I know what's going on and I'll see if I can get something setup to run thru all the units and get them fixed. It's the byproduct of data duplicated to improve performance, but the copied data doesn't get updated when the source changes (and with all the changes happening to position type structures there are more opportunities for it to get out of sync). I just gotta figure out how to keep up with President Nelson :)
Thanks Ryan! Please pass along our appreciation for all the hard work done. I think people believe there are a lot more folks working behind the scenes than there are.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

For the record, the problem I observed in my original post at the beginning of this topic resolved itself some time ago.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:For the record, the problem I observed in my original post at the beginning of this topic resolved itself some time ago.
There are 2 ways that it resolves itself. One the tool I wrote getting run on your unit that cleans up the stale position order data, or releasing the old positions and calling new ones so that they also have the correct order info.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote: or releasing the old positions and calling new ones so that they also have the correct order info.
But wouldn't that result in bad data for how long the person has held that calling?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:But wouldn't that result in bad data for how long the person has held that calling?
i am not sure when it corrected in my case, but our elders quorum president was released, then recalled, and LCR was updated to reflect the new sustaining date. At that point, the secretary dropped down into the correct place.

So it seems that the ordering takes place within a complete organization grouping any time a new person is sustained into that organization group, in this case Elders Quorum Presidency.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote: or releasing the old positions and calling new ones so that they also have the correct order info.
But wouldn't that result in bad data for how long the person has held that calling?
When a calling is entered the correct order is copied from the unit type/position type source onto the calling. So when the calling is entered the data is correct. The problem comes when that order is changed on the unit type/position type source. Then all the existing callings potentially have the wrong order number. It only shows up if some of the callings in the organization are released and new ones called because they get the new correct order stored on them. Now within the organization you have some callings with the new correct order and some with the old order and things don't sort right. Once all the callings with the old order are released then it is happy again. All my process does is run thru the callings and make the order stored on them match the order on the unit type/position type source.
idaho.yancey

Post by idaho.yancey »

Thank you for your efforts on this. The order has been adjusted and now displays in the expected order in the home unit on the member tools app. :D
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As far as I know everything is back in order in all units. Let me know if you're seeing something that isn't in the correct order. If it's Member Tools make sure you've synced first (that might take some time given the syncing issues going on :)

Return to “Android Member Tools App”