Not able to sign in to member tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
davesudweeks

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:She has the latest Member Tools.
I'm seeing conflicting information about the last release date.

The complaints only started a few days ago which matches what shows in Google Play Store of a April 15, 2020 date. But my phone's Play Store says it was last updated on July 2019. Yet, the version I have matches the version shown on the web.

I'm wondering if a new beta dropped and that's the source of the issue.
That may be the case. I am on the beta (4.0.0-101274.24), but have a PIN to unlock my device so if that is a new requirement, I already meet it. My wife is not on the beta and doesn't have a PIN to unlock her device.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have always been required to enter a pin when I start Member Tools because of my callings. To my knowledge, I have never been required to have a pin on my phone itself, although I do.

Members without callings giving access to sensitive information have not previously been required to enter a pin when starting Member Tools. I wonder if a pin is now being required for everyone who uses the app, and this is causing confusion with some who believe it is related to the actual phone device pin. Until now, a device pin has not been required.

I also am on the beta (4.0.0-101274.24).
trinafrmlv

Post by trinafrmlv »

I'm having the same issue. I set my phone up to have a password, clicked on tools and it let me sign in using my existing password. My problem is, I DO NOT want to have a password on my phone in order to use my phone. Until this issue with Member Tools is changed, I won't be using the app.
5dsnynut

Post by 5dsnynut »

I agree with trinafrmlv, "I DO NOT want to have a password on my phone in order to use my phone. Until this issue with Member Tools is changed, I won't be using the app." prior to this update or whatever it is, as a member of the EQ presidency in our ward, i used this app all the time. But if I now have to set up multiple password just to use it, then I will no longer be doing so.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:The complaints only started a few days ago which matches what shows in Google Play Store of a April 15, 2020 date. But my phone's Play Store says it was last updated on July 2019. Yet, the version I have matches the version shown on the web.

I'm wondering if a new beta dropped and that's the source of the issue.
The new release is being gradually rolled out over the course of two weeks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:The new release is being gradually rolled out over the course of two weeks.
Can you nudge them about updating the release notes so we're not flying blind? It's still on 3.6.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:Can you nudge them about updating the release notes so we're not flying blind? It's still on 3.6.
They're working on them.
my4kidsmom

Post by my4kidsmom »

I'm having the same problem. I'm not going to set up a password on my phone--every time I want to use it I have to sign in. This is very frustrating.
klricks

Post by klricks »

After an update today (4.0.1) MT now allows in-app pin when a system pin, fingerprint etc. is not enabled.
So it's back to the way it was in the older version 3.6.1.
The auto sync in the new version is nice to have.
Assistant Ward Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Member Tools Android version 4.0.1 is a beta. The latest non-beta release is 3.6.1 (101039.8) according to the Google Play Store.

Edit: According to scgallafent in this post the 4.0.1 version is being rolled out gradually. So some of you may have it and some will be like me and still be on 3.6.1.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”