Member Tools missing lots of contacts after sync

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
davesudweeks

Re: Member Tools missing lots of contacts after sync

Post by davesudweeks »

I did not have any problems with the version installed before, but I did not check to see what it was before I updated. Glad to know it is being fixed for those who are experiencing a problem. I never had any problems with missing data (except when sync failures prevented ministering information from loading).

Yes, I do like to be on the beta feed, LOL.
rmdunford

Post by rmdunford »

davesudweeks wrote:I just updated to the newest version available in the play store (ver. 4.0.4-(101387.5) and then synced the data. I'm on Android 9.

It appears all members are visible in all wards in my stake. Stake date appears to be properly populated. I am in the US (Oklahoma).
Good news. However I am not seeing that version available on the Play Store. Still has the old one.

Update: Ahhh... Didn't see your post about the beta feed. Haha
rmdunford

Post by rmdunford »

scgallafent wrote:This is fixed in version 4.0.4, which is in beta. It looks like davesudweeks has it. It will roll out generally shortly.
Sooo.... How can I get on the beta feed? I've got a backlog of assignments I can't complete using the web page. :cry:
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

rmdunford wrote:
scgallafent wrote:This is fixed in version 4.0.4, which is in beta. It looks like davesudweeks has it. It will roll out generally shortly.
Sooo.... How can I get on the beta feed? I've got a backlog of assignments I can't complete using the web page. :cry:
Hopefully someone will chime it - I have been on the beta feed for a couple of years and cannot remember now how to request it...
There is a contact email in the "Developer contact" info on the google play store for the android version - perhaps you could send them a request.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Hopefully someone will chime it - I have been on the beta feed for a couple of years and cannot remember now how to request it...
I'm not sure, but if I go to the Play Store on my device, pull up the app and scroll down, there's a "Join the beta" link.

I didn't follow it, but at least it's not like Gospel Library which says "beta is full".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:... if I go to the Play Store on my device, pull up the app and scroll down, there's a "Join the beta" link.
That is exactly how you do it.
rmdunford

Post by rmdunford »

russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:Hopefully someone will chime it - I have been on the beta feed for a couple of years and cannot remember now how to request it...
I'm not sure, but if I go to the Play Store on my device, pull up the app and scroll down, there's a "Join the beta" link.

I didn't follow it, but at least it's not like Gospel Library which says "beta is full".
Yes that worked!! Thank you so much. I have access to everything again. I don't know how we got by when all we had was MLS and we logged in remotely to the clerk's office. Haha
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmdunford wrote:I don't know how we got by when all we had was MLS and we logged in remotely to the clerk's office. Haha
I wouldn't know. I have never logged in remotely to the clerk's office. Unless you count sending a counselor to get the information. [grin]
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

lajackson wrote:
rmdunford wrote:I don't know how we got by when all we had was MLS and we logged in remotely to the clerk's office. Haha
I wouldn't know. I have never logged in remotely to the clerk's office. Unless you count sending a counselor to get the information. [grin]
Even when I was the STS, and PC Anywhere was available, the policy was that we should never leave a PC unattended in auto-answer mode. A ward leader had to put the PC into auto-answer mode so the STS could dial in to diagnose the issue, and then shut things down again.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: The topic of the thread is missing contacts after syncing and we have moved off this topic. Let's please keep the thread on topic in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”