No Header at the Main Church Website

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: No Header at the Main Church Website

Post by lajackson »

Hard refresh did not work for me, either. That was one of the first things I tried. On the other hand, since the day after I reported the problem, the headers have loaded for me.

Although there seems to be a noticeable hesitation during the page load before the header shows up. It seems as if the header is one of the last things to load, and that may have been my problem that day.

But as I said, I have not had any trouble since. I am on Firefox 78.0.2, although 79.0 is trying hard to load itself while I wait for a .1 version.
daveandchris

No header for website page

Post by daveandchris »

When I open the church website on my computer the header and footer are not visible. It has been this way for a few days. It shows up on my phone and my iPad, though. Whether it is a problem with the my computer, I cannot tell. But I did find a solution so that I can get the Gospel Library to come up. I opened it on my phone, copied the link, and sent to my email. I went to my computer and clicked on the webpage and it opened. Until it works as it used to, I made that link a Bookmark to more easily find my scriptures and all the other things listed in the Gospel Library.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No header for website page

Post by sbradshaw »

daveandchris wrote:When I open the church website on my computer the header and footer are not visible. It has been this way for a few days. It shows up on my phone and my iPad, though. Whether it is a problem with the my computer, I cannot tell. But I did find a solution so that I can get the Gospel Library to come up. I opened it on my phone, copied the link, and sent to my email. I went to my computer and clicked on the webpage and it opened. Until it works as it used to, I made that link a Bookmark to more easily find my scriptures and all the other things listed in the Gospel Library.
This happened to me as well starting a few days ago. Clearing ChurchofJesusChrist.org cookies in my browser fixed the issue.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brentmc

Post by brentmc »

Has anyone figured out the issue here yet. I've tried all these suggestions and still can't resolve the issue!
mevans

Post by mevans »

brentmc wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:08 pm Has anyone figured out the issue here yet. I've tried all these suggestions and still can't resolve the issue!
One other idea that I didn't see mentioned is to try a different web browser to see if the behavior is any different.

If you've tried all the ideas mentioned here and still can't get it to work, try submitting your problem through the Feedback link (at the bottom of the main church page). Be sure to tell them that you've already tried clearing cookies and you can point them to this thread telling them that you've tried ideas here. Even when you tell them all that, you might still get back the canned response telling you to clear your cookies. Be patient if you get such a response and tell them you already did that.

It can sometimes take a while to get a response, but I usually to get one. You will probably start out with a level 1 support person, who may be a volunteer or a tech support missionary. If they can't help you solve your problem, it may get escalated. There probably won't be an indication of an escalation other than responses might get more specific or technical. Sometimes it's frustrating, but people are there who are trying to help.

Return to “Main Church Website”