Duty to God and Personal Progress church web sites

Discussions about other Church websites
ddalling1

I'm a new DTG progress tracker

Post by ddalling1 »

Thanks PEREDEHUIT for the info. It took a lot of research and reading multiple blogs, to conclude that DtG has no official online means of tracking progress, via lds.org (duty to God interactive site) or via 3rd party. Since my calling is to track DtG progress and present to the Bishop--does anyone have any creative ideas of how they are doing this in their wards??
Regards,
Dennis
peredehuit wrote:There are no check-off boxes planned for Duty to God. Tracking comes from sharing, which is the premise on which Duty to God is built. Different functionality than Personal Progress.
albertoaflores

Branch Presidents

Post by albertoaflores »

jdlessley wrote:Check FAQ #11.

I noticed that FAQ #11 says that Bishops (and his counselors) are considered leaders and will "have the ability to view Personal Progress information for those young women for whom they are responsible". Does this apply to Branch Presidents (and counselors)?. I'm afraid I don't see any special link suggesting I have that kind of access. My calling is properly updated in MLS (I have been seeing it for some years now), however our YW President has another link named somethingl like "Leader Summary".

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
lewisj3

Post by lewisj3 »

The Leader Summary report is available to Stake Presidencies, Bishoprics, Stake YW Presidencies, Ward YW Presidencies and YW advisers. We recently discovered that Branches and Districts were not included in the set of permissioned callings and we are working to get this corrected quickly. We anticipate that Branch and District presidencies will be added by the end of next week. You should see the Leader Summary report at the bottom right corner of the Personal Progress Home page when you have been entitled to view it.
ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

Just a thought. You might want to include the ward clerk, young women secretary, and young men secretary to the list of people that can have access to the status of progress. It is usually the ward clerk who is called when there is a problem with a member setting up an account or teaching someone how to use the system, and it is usually the secretary of the organization who is tasked with keeping track of the youth progress.
jimr17

But Sharing doesn't have to be in quorum

Post by jimr17 »

peredehuit wrote:[font=&quot] There are no check-off boxes planned for Duty to God. Tracking comes from sharing, which is the premise on which Duty to God is built. Different functionality than Personal Progress. [/font]

This would be fine if the sharing was in Quorum only (but DtG clearly states that sometimes sharing can be to a single individual or to their family, etc - "For example, you could share with your family, with friends, in seminary, or in quorum meetings."), or if someone was present in all the quorums to track the young men's progress, or if we didn't change YM leaders.

There needs to be a way to track this information rather than spreadsheets and printed paper. This is a serious programming defect if that is the way it was designed.
ZoomJer

Leader tracking capabilities

Post by ZoomJer »

Are leaders able to view the progress of their youth on PP and DtG?

-Jerry
ZoomJer

Post by ZoomJer »

I just found https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... l+progress which doesn't explicitly answer my question, but does imply that leaders with the appropriate calling (in mls) can view progress. Is there a schematic of which callings can access which portions of lds.org? As it is constantly changing, it would be neat to see a live updating page of this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zoomjer wrote:Are leaders able to view the progress of their youth on PP and DtG?
Yes, for PP (see personalprogress.lds.org), but no for DtG.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

ammonihah wrote:Just a thought. You might want to include the ward clerk, young women secretary, and young men secretary to the list of people that can have access to the status of progress. It is usually the ward clerk who is called when there is a problem with a member setting up an account or teaching someone how to use the system, and it is usually the secretary of the organization who is tasked with keeping track of the youth progress.

Two thumbs up!!! The bishop has asked me (ward clerk) to generate reports for bishopric/pec/ward council but I don't have permissions to access the YW PP reports. Seems odd since the ward clerk is usually responsible for printing reports.

I hope some kind of reporting can be added to DTG as well. Currently we're using troopmaster to track DTG.

I've submitted both of these suggestions via the feedback page of the YW PP site.
AileneRHerrick

Re:

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdlessley wrote:It is unfortunate that there isn't any help or FAQ for the Duty to God site. I would hope that something is planned and in development.
Is there an online FAQ for the Duty to God website now?

Return to “Other Websites”