For certain procedures it is necessary to contact your administrative office.
- For units in the United States and Canada, the administrative office is Local Unit Support at Church headquarters (CHQ) in Salt Lake City.
- Outside the United States and Canada, the administrative office is the local Membership and Statistical Records Department (MSR) office that serves your unit.
Normally ward clerks will first consult with their stake clerk on any questions they cannot resolve themselves. This will provide stake clerks with the experience necessary to assist other wards in their stake with similar questions. It will also relieve the administrative office from many of the requests that can be handled locally and allow them to focus on the few issues that only they can resolve.
Contacting your administrative office
Depending on the circumstance, clerks may contact the administrative office via MLS, by e-mail or by phone.
Anywhere in the world
- Send an MLS message.
In the United States and Canada
Local Unit Support
When ward clerks and stake clerks cannot resolve a clerk-related issue locally, they should contact Local Unit Support through one of the following methods:
- Live Support (Hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time))
- Salt Lake area: 801-240-3500
- Long Distance: 1-800-453-3860, extension 23500
For any other issues, call the general Church operator:
- Salt Lake area: 801-240-1000
- Long Distance: 1-800-453-3860
Outside the United States and Canada
Call the administrative office that services your stake.
- Featured article on LDSTech: Local Unit Support.