Not able to sign in to member tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
rjhidaho

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Post by rjhidaho »

Confirmed on my Android Galaxy S8 that I had to implement a overall phone pin password before "Tools" will work. I previously used a swipe pattern.

Bad design. No app should dictate how you set up your phone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rjhidaho wrote:Confirmed on my Android Galaxy S8 that I had to implement a overall phone pin password before "Tools" will work. I previously used a swipe pattern.
Are you on 4.0.1? That seemed to solve some problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmadsen57

Post by mmadsen57 »

I haven't been able to use member tools on my Samsung Tab A tablet for over a month, despite numerous re-installs. Keep getting the same error message :
"No biometric hardware found"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mmadsen57 wrote:I haven't been able to use member tools on my Samsung Tab A tablet for over a month, despite numerous re-installs. Keep getting the same error message :
Do you have a PIN or other method to unlock your device? If not, I'd suggest setting one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
samsoft

Post by samsoft »

But how to fix the issue?

I've tried password, pin, face unlock, but it still won't work... I also tried to uninstall and reinstall but...

So, how to fix it?
mckellsl

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools - biometric hardware

Post by mckellsl »

I have this same problem on my Nokia 2.2 - i open Member Tools, login, then eventually it quits with a msg popup saying 'biometric hardware unavailable'.

How do I get past this to work again? seems like you need to change something in the app.
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

mmadsen57 wrote:I haven't been able to use member tools on my Samsung Tab A tablet for over a month, despite numerous re-installs. Keep getting the same error message :
I'm having the same problem with my ONN tablet (Android 10), which DOES have a device PIN (can't seem to not have one on this device).
ramon.carter

Post by ramon.carter »

Disable your cell phone login password and then complete the setup of LDS Tools. After the installation is completed then re-enable your cell phone login password.

At your service Br. Carter Milwaukie Oregon Stake STS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ramon.carter wrote:Disable your cell phone login password
Just wanted to verify: You're talking about disabling the device's unlock code, not disabling 2 factor authentication, correct?

melvinparra

Post by melvinparra »

ramon.carter wrote:Disable your cell phone login password and then complete the setup of LDS Tools. After the installation is completed then re-enable your cell phone login password.

At your service Br. Carter Milwaukie Oregon Stake STS.

Thank you so much for your help, it works for me. I disable the password and then setup the app and after that set the password again.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”